- Effective sales planning: goal and target setting
- Effective sales force recruitment techniques
- Training of trainers: getting your team ready
- Sales force and field supervision tools and techniques
- Sales for motivation: reward and recognition
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
- Managing for results
- Managing behavior handling poor performance
Our sales management training course addresses the following skills in managing a sales team:
- What makes a good sales manager?
- How do I improve my people skills without compromising my sales skills?
- How do I sell more through my team without getting overly involved in the detail?
Typically, when a salesperson is given management responsibilities for the first time, they carry on selling and the team performance suffers as a result. The limitation is caused by a shortage of training in how to handle a sales team. They fail to stand back and take the “big picture” view. They do not set winning strategies and are disorganised in their handling of targets, sales areas and operations – these can lead to huge losses in the team’s sales performance.
Our sales management training course covers the methods and techniques needed to manage a sales team – for first time mangers or as a refresher for existing managers.
Delegates will learn that managing a successful sales team requires more skills than being a stand-alone successful salesperson.